FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2014 TNB Knights of Nature Announces Participants
Kuala Lumpur – 27th October, 2014 – The Knights of Nature Sustainability Camp – organized by Environmental NGO EcoKnights and sponsored by Tenaga Nasional Berhad – has announced its selection of participants for the 2014 camp!
This year’s camp will be held 14th-16th November at Uluhati, Hulu Langat, Selangor and will include a wide variety of environmental speakers, workshops, and activities. The goal of the camp is to train incoming “Knights” to spread environmental education and awareness to their communities.
After a four month submission period, representatives from EcoKnights reviewed all the applications and selected the top 20 submissions based on creativity, personal experience, and plans for future environmental projects. The list of selected participants is as follows:
- Chow Lily, USM
- Nurul Nabila Binti Shohimi, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Alia Muhammad Radzi, Inti International University
- Nur Liyana Binti Yahaya, Universiti Teknologi Petronas
- Chua Shu Yuan, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
- Patricia Er Wei Yen, University Of Malaya
- Junny Rasyeda Binti Jamarus, Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia(UIAM)
- Wan Nur Sofizah Binti Wan A Latif, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Maryam Lee Binti Mohamad Ramli Lee, Universiti Teknologi Mara
- Chong Sue Yen, Nexus International School Putrajaya
- Annie Tiong Shi Yi, KDU University Campus
- Tulip Adzarlia Mohamad Adzali, Unisel
- Leong Qiyao, Inti International University
- Keenan Kon, Universiti Tenaga Nasional
- Shitab Daiyan Akash, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- Ooi Mann Chek, Aimst University
- Aidid Azahar Bin Basir, Universiti Tenaga Nasional(Putrajaya)
- Sanjevakumarran A/L Elilalagan, Universiti Tenaga Nasional
- Ei Hwee Teng, UniKL British Malaysian Institute
- Afiq Haiqal Iman, Universiti Kuala Lumpur - MICET
Please contact EcoKnights Public Relations Officer, Amy Jaafar, for further information and to arrange interview opportunities. She can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +60 12-343 1201.
About Knights of Nature
Everyone will need to confront the notion of environmental sustainability at some point. The Knights of Nature Sustainability camp aims to provide participants with the tools necessary to not only live sustainable lifestyles themselves, but also to impart their wisdom to friends, family, colleagues, and communities. To help the Knights spread the word, participants will be asked to create an environmental module or activity that can be presented at community events or at primary and secondary schools across the country.
EcoKnights is a not-for-profit environmental organization with the Malaysian Registrar of Societies. Founded in 2005 by Yasmin Rasyid, the organization focuses on community based environmental education and awareness projects that help Malaysians to understand and deal with environmental issues that affect them. EcoKnights offers a variety of programs for the community including the Sentinels of Time photography competition, Knights of Nature Sustainability Camp, Anugerah Hijau youth competition, and the Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (KLEFF), which is now in its 7th year. EcoKnights also provides community film screenings, organizes environmental talks and workshops, and provides consultation and programming for environmental corporate social responsibility efforts.
For more information about EcoKnights and their programs, visit their website at www.ecoknights.org.my.