- Category: News
- Published: Tuesday, 25 July 2017 23:21
From THE EcoKnights family, we would like to wish you a Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir dan Batin! In this blessed Syawal month, surely there will be plenty of open houses as we Malaysians like to celebrate. And we love our food.
Do you know, we can still go green during the festive season? “Really?”, you might say. Allow us to share some tips with you.
- Try to minimise or not use any plastic cutlery or plastic and polystyrene bowls and cups. We know it is a bit hard and tiring but hey, if it is about saving the planet (the place where people live in) then we have to do it. If this reason doesn’t work for you, think of those viral social media videos where you see turtles dying and suffering from plastic ingestion, those whales with meters of plastics in their stomach – see that should do the trick!
- Vroom vroom vroom. What is that sound? Sounds like a car. Carpool when you want to go to the same destination. By carpooling, you can reduce air pollution and at the same time you can strengthen the bond or your relationship with your carpooling buddy and save some money! Isn’t that great?
- Ramadan is a month where we appreciate what we have and give more to society, especially to the less fortunate ones. Together with your community members, hold potluck open houses and invite the less fortunate to join you. Sharing is definitely caring.
- Say no to straws. It’s perfectly fine to drink from a cup or glass. Or if you insist on it, get one of those reusable bamboo or metal straws, which you can easily carry in your bag. It will take a while to get used to it but again, saving this planet has to start somewhere.