- Category: News
- Published: Thursday, 02 June 2016 22:55
We would like to thank everybody who came for last week’s Race For A Better Planet at Ipoh! We understand that some of you may be curious as to what the right answers for each checkpoint was. Here we have the answers for each respective one!
For checkpoint #1, “The Hot Walk”, the answers of the 5 mystery herbs were:
- Curry Leaves
- Kaffir Lime Leaves
For checkpoint #2, “Oh La La!”, the 5 footprints belonged to these animals:
- Pigmy Elephant
- Malayan Tiger
- Malayan Gaur
For checkpoint #3, “Go Fish!”, the answers were:
- Two point source pollution in rivers [circled, NOT shaded]: Oil Refinery, Factory
- Two non-point source pollution in rivers [circled, shaded]: Agriculture, Domestic Waste
- “I am hard and soft at the same time, my eggs can be eaten but that is why I am an endangered species! What animal am I?” - Turtle
- Animal Farming Waste, Arsenic, Cadmium, Copper, Fertilizer, Grease, Lead, Mercury, Oil Spillage, Sewage
For checkpoint #5, “The Famous Serene”
- Question 1
- Natural Pigment
- Question 2
- APEO, ammonia, formaldehyde
- Energy, Electricity Cost, Environment
- Fungal, Efflorescence
- Lines, Geometric, Coating
- Air Cond Inverter directly below roof.
- Reserve Garden behind house.
- Vertical Garden at the side of the house.
- Solar Water Heater on the roof.
- Open air concept placed where doors should be in the house, i.e. Centre and the Lower End of the house outline.
For checkpoint #6, “Eat Colourful”, the answers were:
- The five fruit/vegetables:
- Red: Tomato
- Orange: Pumpkin
- Yellow: Pineapple
- Green: Broccoli
- Blue/Purple: Mangosteen
- The five juices:
- Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Lychee Juice
- Mango Juice
- Blackcurrant Juice
- Blue - Paper
- Brown - Glass
- Orange - Aluminium, Steel, Plastic