- Category: EK Interns
- Published: Friday, 19 June 2015 21:35
Date of birth: 18 January 1994
City of Residence: Kuala Lumpur
Current Education Background: Undergraduate
Field/course of study: Mechanical Engineering
University: Universiti Tenaga Nasional
Expected Year of Graduation / Graduated Year: 2017
Duration of internship: 3 months
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself (Where are you studying now, what are you majoring in, your family, etc)
I am the second child of three siblings. Father is a policeman, mother is a preschool teacher, eldest sister current pursuing a degree a medicine and my youngest sister a degree in law. I am currently studying at Universiti Tenaga Nasional majoring in Mechanical Engineering and hopefully, if all goes well, graduate in 2017.
- How did you find out about the internship opportunities at EcoKnights?
I was a past participant of Knights of Nature Sustainability Camp and took the opportunity to intern with EcoKnights after finding out more about them during the camp.
- What are your roles in EcoKnights during your internship? And share some of your experiences with us.
My role covers mainly on Anugerah Hijau 2015. I started with the annual roadshow to promote the competition throughout the Klang Valley. This experience has brought me to places that I never thought I would reach although being in the same state like Banting, Kuala Selangor, somewhere in Subang and Shah Alam and many more places. I also communicate with different schools and universities to get them participate in the competition. Besides that, I have worked on Knights of Nature Sustainability Camp Langkawi, Etiqa events and other office related duties.
- What are your advice or messages for future interns?
Make your stay count.
- Name 3 people you admire.
This is probably the hardest questions of all, my top 3 would be my father, my mother and Stephen Hawking.
- If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
My favorite T-shirts, water bottle, watch, a nice pair of shoes, and my books
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Watching Godzilla as a late night movie.
- How do you spend your free time?
Sports, reading, and sometimes just doing nothing.
- What is your favorite movie?
I have too many too choose from but if I were to take a pick, the answer is right above.
- What is something that you are OCD about/pet peeve?
Wet floor, I prefer not to walk on it.
- What does a perfect day look like to you?
Waking up knowing that I have nothing to do, and going to back to sleep.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
Greece. I like reading about Greek mythology.